BP #3. English Online 


Dear Ostap,
I haven’t seen you for ages. How are you doing? I’ve heard you start study English again. It’s really great idea. I can help you to make the grade faster. In this letter I give you some advises and step-by-step you approach your goal. As I know, you used to make notes of useful material in order to revise it faster in the nearest future. Also I remember that you usually look up new words in paper dictionary. It’s good method but a bit old fashionable. Instead of these “paper” methods you can use more modern, such as portable devices and online resources. It helps you to achieve your goal faster. For example, there is a word that slips your mind and you want to find it as fast as possible. And you need just a few seconds to look up it in your e-dictionary in you r telephone.
Also there is a wide range of websites with a great methods of that help you to expand your vocabulary. For example, I know about website Quizlet with their effective card method of learning new words.
Here is a list of my favorite websites which help me to build up my vocabulary easier:
TheFreeDictionary – very convenient resource, if you want to define the word and find its meaning. Moreover, you could create your own bookmarks, if you want to revise sth in the future.


Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary – is the most popular and largest online dictionary. It can easily define the word or phrase you need and explain it in details.


Cambridge Dictionary – is a great link for people, who want to recognize unknown words and to find sth new. It’s really easy to use e-dictionary with simple interface.


LDOCE5 – is my favorite dictionary, becouse it is a pocket one that I can take anuwere.


Synonym Finder – is very useful website, especially if you often write stories.


Quizlet – is my favorite website. You could make your own study sets, to train and revise unknown words with lots of fun. And, speaking about sets, I’ve made my own set recently. Here is it:




You see, there are a lot of opportunities to study English online. Don’t afraid to make a mistake, sooner or later you reach a goal. 



Comments